ETHAR is a cadre of experienced and well-connected technical business professionals who have an inside track on a very special once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Our team is geographically distributed across the U.S. and Europe, is well renown in the AR industry and has experience with multiple tech startups.
ETHAR Fall 2020 Internship Program
ETHAR is just completing our highly-successful Summer 2020 Internship program and will follow up with a Fall 2020 Internship opportunity! We’re seeking all higher education levels – Freshmen through Grads – in these disciplines:
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
- Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- Geospatial / Spatial Computing / Location Intelligence
- Data Science / Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Marketing & Advertising
- Business Administration
- anyone else interested in tech startup ventures!
This will be a twelve-week, part-time, unpaid, remote-work internship program to contribute to development of various aspects of the Ethar™ Extended Reality (XR) Experience Platform. This is an exciting point in the evolution of human interaction with digital information. The Ethar platform is being designed to help users intelligently discover, manage, share and monetize Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality experiences. Your work will help enable a broad audience to take some of their first steps into the emerging Immersive Web.
WE PROMISE: By the end of the internship, you will have learned a tremendous amount about AR/VR and spatial computing, met new friends and influential professionals in the international XR field, and completed a significant and referenceable project to help move you into the next phase of your careers.
We will be selecting nine Fall Interns who will be organized into teams to work together on defined projects. You will be assigned one of our Brainwaive key personnel as your Team Lead, to which you will report throughout the internship.
Although we require 100% of your best effort, this is a part-time and somewhat time-flexible engagement: ~10 hours per week (3 scheduled 1 hr. meetings per week; 7 hours flexible, at your team’s discretion). We care about productivity and results, less about time-keeping.
Twelve week program
- Internship Kickoff Webinar Monday, Aug 31 1:00pm to 3:00pm (intros, overview, expectations, team assignments, communication tools)
- ~10 hours per week: 3 scheduled 1 hr. meetings per week; 7 hours flexible, at your discretion
- Everyone is working remotely – no travel or in-person meetings required
- Five two-week Sprints, with delivery of a sprint “product” at the end of each
- Final deliverables and presentations Nov 13, 16
- Finish Friday before Thanksgiving
- For those who earn it, guaranteed awesome project write-ups, demonstrable code/deliverables, and strong references to help move you into the next phase of your career.
We’re starting interviews now and will make our final decisions on selected candidates by Wed, Aug 26th at the latest.
Students who are interested should send their latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and an idea of what you’d like to get out of your participation. We’ll then set up a phone interview with top candidates.
Full Stack Web Architect/Engineer Needed to Help Invent The Future
We’re looking for an experienced full stack developer to help us build the platform that will usher in an era of ubiquitous mobile augmented reality. We have an incredible vision for the future and we need you to help us make it real.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with strong experience in modern web technologies, scalable cloud architecture and browser mechanics. We’re looking for someone who can take a logical design and transform it into a physical architecture and then develop it. This person must work well independently, thrive in the face of ambiguity and embrace fluid priorities. They must also possess the leadership skills to eventually build and manage a full development team.
The Web Architect/Developer will be responsible for the initial build out of the platform that moves our venture forward. This is not a role for AR content development and such experience is not necessary (though it would be helpful). The right resource will be given the opportunity to become part of a hard-working, fun-loving, close-knit team and be rewarded with an equity stake in the venture. This is a remote role that can be performed anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Architect and implement a scalable cloud architecture
- Design and build a scalable, responsive web application
- Design and build the platform databases
- Apply best practices for SDLC and code management
- Develop comprehensive application testing procedures
- Apply best practices for application security and data protection
- Implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance and responsiveness of the application
- Familiarity with API Creation and RESTful services
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Ability to translate mockups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Unit testing with Karma or similar
- Version control with Git or similar
- Mastery of browser architecture and DOM control
- WebXR or WebVR
- Cloud-based AI/ML services
- Geospatial data and GIS systems
- Progressive web apps
- Database administration and management
- Unity, Unreal or other game development or augmented reality application development
- Computer vision systems
- UX design for mobile
- Collaboration with offshore resources
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in web application architecture, engineering, development, security and testing
- 3+ years of following disciplined SDLC principles
- Ability to work independently and in accordance with the goals of the team and company
- The discipline to draft detailed documentation of what you build
- Willingness to represent the company in development community groups
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
- Available to start working immediately
- Able to travel to meetings and conferences
- A sense of urgency and true purpose to effect positive change for humanity
Part or all of this work may be funded with deferred compensation, ownership equity or a mix thereof. Like the rest of the team, you may need other sources of income to support you until seed funding is secured, and you must have the ability to tolerate the high risk/ high reward nature of this ground floor opportunity. Come share our bold vision!
Check out our other endeavors at www.ethar.com
Send resumes to email@example.com